The internet can be very negative. The only thing that can be more negative than the internet at times is the staff lounge. Instead of complaining today I wanted instead share a list of things that I am grateful for in education.
- The ah ha moment when a student has a break through. This is the reason I became a teacher.
- The opportunity to be creative and push myself constantly. Something that my friends in the corporate world have a hard time understanding.
- Awesome colleagues who are always willing to try whatever it takes to enhance learning. Even if it means failing and laughing at ourselves after.
- Google Apps For Education. GAFE has completely changed how I approach my classroom.
- Students. Yes even the “fun” ones. Without them I wouldn’t have the opportunity to teach.
Now you know what I’m grateful for, what are you grateful for in education?