We all know that Google Forms are an awesome way to collect data from students, parents, and staff. Today I wanted to share with everyone a quick tool that you can use to help collect data. A pre-filled url is a url that pre-populates fields in your Google Form. Pre-filling fields is a huge time saver and guarantees that certain fields (i.e. cohort, assignment title, date) are accurate and uniformed. You can also use pre-filled urls to share exemplars, guiding questions, or sentence starters within your form.
So why would you use a pre-filled URL?
- To provide your students with sentence starters.
- Provide additional instructions for students.
- Pre-Fill the assignment name or class period to create uniformed method of collecting data.
- Give students an exemplar of a advanced answer.
- Anything you can think of!
Creating Pre-Filled URLS in Google Forms Tutorials:
Step 1: Create your Google Form.
Step 2: After you are done creating your form click on responses and then Get pre-filled URL.
Step 3: Fill in the parts of your form that you would to be pre-filled. When you are done click submit.
Step 4: Share your new pre-fill URL with your students/staff.